Research undertaken by artists
The :Estúdio journal publishes original articles in the area of Artistic Studies with the aim of debating and spreading innovation and investigation in this area of knowledge. :Estúdio presents research, within the processes of the Art, done by artists.
The :Estúdio journal follows the principles of academic quality, pluralism and cultural relevance. It promotes the publication of articles that:
- explore the point of view of the artist on the art;
- introduce and present authors of manifest quality, although less well-known, from the countries using Iberian languages;
- present innovating perspectives on the artistic field;
- propose new syntheses, establishing pertinent and creative relations between subjects, authors, times and ideas.
Iberian expression The :Estúdio journal accepts, as working languages, Portuguese, Castilian, Galician and Catalan, stimulating the cultural decentralization and the promotion of the encounter of cultures in the present context.
An international journal
The majority of the authors published by :Estúdio journal is not a member of the Faculdade de Belas-Artes of University of Lisbon. They are not member either of its research centre (CIEBA): they are, generally, of varied international origin.
Also the Editing Committee, with his panel of Academic Peers, is widely international (Portugal, Spain, Brazil) and includes a majority of outer elements to the FBAUL and the CIEBA.
The objective, is to help and to stimulate to create effective and demanding platforms of diffusion, to obtain advanced levels of research in Artistic Studies, for thus, to increase its discourse flow.
Revista :Estúdio, Estudos Artísticos
Complete title Revista :Estúdio, artistas sobre outras obras
Abbreviated title Revista :Estúdio
Print ISSN 1647-6158
Online ISSN 1647-7316
Publishing institution Faculdade de Belas-Artes da Universidade de Lisboa & Centro de Investigação e Estudos em Belas-Artes (FBAUL/CIEBA).
Objectives of the journal To spread and to establish debate on the research and the innovation in the area of the Artistic Studies.
Interess areas Art studies(visual arts, design, multimedia, performance art, music, urbanism, cinema)
Frequency quaterly (march, june, september, december).
History Estúdio is published since 2013, and until 2015 it published two issues a year, printed and on-line. From 2016 onwards it is published four issues a year.
- CiteFactor, Directory Indexing of International Research Journals
- MIAR (Matriz de información para la evaluación de revistas)
- SciELO (Scientific Electronic Library Online) / Coleção SciELO Portugal
- DOAJ / Directory of Open Access Journals
- SHERPA / RoMEO
- CNEN/Centro de Informações Nucleares, Portal do Conhecimento Nuclear "LIVRE!"
- Latindex (catálogo)
- EBSCO host(catálogo)
- Academic Onefile
- SIS, Scientific Indexing Services
- Gale Cengage Learning - Informe Acadêmico
- Open Academic Journals Index
- ROAD Directory of Open Access Scholarly Resources
This is an open access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access.
The :Estúdio journal requires to the authors the cession of the author rights so that their articles are reproduced, published, communicated and publicly transmitted in any form or means, as well as its distribution in the number of units that is specified in their public communication, each of their modalities, including their availability by electronic, optical means, or any other technology, for cultural and scientific aims exclusively and without profit aimings.
The authors of articles have the responsibility for the reproduction authorizations of images.